The Fixed Assets (FA) Management module provides complete visibility into your assets and depreciation calculations. Using this module you can add fixed assets from AP purchases, import them from a file, or add them individually. Depreciation schedules are automatically created and detailed reports are available.
The Fixed Assets module is integrated with all other financial modules and sold separately from the rest of the financial suite.
Multiple Depreciation Methods
Select from a huge number of predefined depreciation schedules or create your own. Acumatica supports accelerated cost recovery system (ACRS), modified ACRS, straight-line, declining-balance, sum of years’ digits, remaining value, flat rate, units of production, and custom methods. Each depreciation method can include different averaging conventions as well as useful life and recovery periods.
Purchase Order Integration
Integration with the Purchase Order Module allows you to easily convert purchases into fixed assets without re-entering data. Eligible purchases are automatically displayed to simplify the conversion process.
Tax Benefit Support
Acumatica provides multiple depreciation books, multiple calendars, special depreciation bonuses, and tax benefit recapture capabilities to help you accurately account for complex tax rules. Learn more in the additional features section below.
- Multiple Depreciation Books - Acumatica provides the ability to create multiple depreciation books. This allows you to create depreciation schedules that do not update the general ledger for tax and reporting purposes. For tax and reporting books, you can assign calendar years that are independent of your actual financial ledger.
- Multiple Asset Types - Manage multiple property types including owned property, leases, rentals, and granted property. You can also track assets that are leased or rented to others.
- US Tax Bonuses - The US IRS code Section 179 specifies bonuses that reduce the depreciable basis for the first year of an asset’s useful life. Acumatica supports these calculations as well as the ability to reverse these benefits if you dispose of the asset prior prematurely.
- Multiple Averaging Options - Select different averaging methods such as full period, mid-period, next period, modified half period, full quarter, full year, full day, and more.
- Fixed Asset Tools - Asset manipulation tools allow you to make mass changes to several fixed assets at once. These tools include processing depreciation schedules, releasing fixed asset transactions, converting purchases to fixed assets, and generating fixed asset calendars.
- Fixed Asset Classes - You can create fixed asset classes to group assets and simplify order entry for commonly used schedules.
- Fixed Asset Reporting - The Fixed Asset module provides several reports to help you manage asset acquisitions, disposals, asset balances, asset net values, future projections, and depreciation transactions. You can drill down inside summary reports to review the detailed transactions.
- Audit Trail - The Fixed Assets module provides a complete audit trail of all related transactions. A complete history of all transactions is maintained so you can see the details of all entered or imported transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by linking notes and supporting electronic documents directly to transactions.