Below is a simple check list for you to consider that shows the areas of common theft.
- Employees perform multiple functions, allowing them to hide their actions.
- Staff become too familiar and trusting of each other.
- The absence of formal procedure means things don’t get recorded.
- Staff lacks the expertise to recognize fraud.
- It’s vital that small businesses take steps to deter fraud and detect it as soon as possible.
If you found yourself answering yes to many of these questions you may want to continue reading articles in this section.